Next-CSP will participate in the 26th edition of SolarPACES from September 28 to October 2, 2020. Due to COVID-19, SolarPACES 2020 will go online!
SolarPACES is one of the most important international annual event in the field of concentrating solar power and chemical energy systems. It offers a wide forum for research, industry, politic, financing stakeholders as well as leading world experts from 40 countries.
The 2020 edition was supposed to take place in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA but, due to the COVID-19 crisis, it was converted into a virtual event.
Project’s partners will give 5 presentations about Next-CSP during SolarPACES 2020:
- on Wed. 30th Sept. | 10:30 UTC (12:30 CET): MW-Scale Prototype of the Fluidized Particles-in-Tube Solar Receiver. Design, Control and First Experiments at Themis Tower (CNRS-PROMES)
- on Wed. 30th Sept. | 10:30 UTC (12:30 CET): Simulation of the Next-CSP Solar Loop Including a Hybrid Gas Turbine (CNRS-PROMES)
- on Wed. 30th Sept. | 15:30 UTC (17:30 CET): Comparison of Simulated and Measured Flux Distributions at the Aperture of the Next-CSP Solar Receiver (CNRS-PROMES)
- on Thu. 1st Oct. | 10:30 UTC (12:30 CET): High-Performance Stellio Heliostat for High Temperature Application (SBP)
- on Fri. 2nd Oct. | 10:30 UTC (12:30 CET): Next-CSP Concept with Particle Receiver Applied to a 150 MWe Solar Tower (EDF).
Whittaker will also present a poster entitled “Manufacturing of the Main Components of the Next-CSP Project Solar Pilot Plant” in the course of the event.
Also, Next-CSP will hold a virtual booth which will offer the possibility to meet partners interested in the project’s technology and strengthen our network.